Sunday, December 21, 2014

My Top 5 Anticipated Figures of 2015

By Nate
I'm relatively new to figure collecting, like a Samurai, a wandering warrior with no master searching the world for purpose and information. Every day I am learning more and more about these action figure and statue communities. I'm discovering different companies, different sources, lines and fine tuning what works for my goals. I plan on sharing information and my reflections on an on going basis in 2015. For now, here's a list of the top 5 items I am looking forward to in 2015!

This Top 5 Anticipated Figures of 2015 hits both my G-Spots (geek and gaming) =D





5. Mega Man X by TruForce
A relative new up and coming company, TruForce plans to launch in 2015 with this line of Mega Man X figures that look to "WOW" the fans with it's design, articulation and craftsmanship. Their concept designs and art looks fantastic, and I'm personally hoping they hit all their marks while not robbing our pockets!
 
TruForce looks to wow the fans with their craftsmanship and design! *fingers crossed!



4. Raiden by Hot Toys
Classify this under my "dare to dream" wanted list, Raiden is due to hit the public in March 2015. For those like myself, unfamiliar to the action figure community, Hot Toys is the higher-end figure, with this one costing $299.99 +S&P (which isn't the most expensive). There's meticulous details while the design and sculpt is drop dead gorgeous! This hits both my G-Spots for sure! (Gaming and Geekdom).

This hits both my g-spots for sure! (Gaming and Geekdom)



3. Back to the Future Marty McFly by Hot Toy
Another "dare to dream" by Hot Toys, Their Back to the Future tribute figure looks awesome! A little less gaming related, Back to the Future is one of those movies that speak to my inner child! These promotional pictures look great. If I ever get the good fortunes to attain this, I have a spot in the man cave ready for the only Marty McFly there is! #CanadianConnection!

#CanadianConnection



2. Deadpool by ArtFX+ Kotobukyia
Unlike the first 3, the top 2 represent the items I'm most likely to buy f'real f'real. Kotobukyia is a Japanese company who's products I've personally found to be great quality for a great price. However, their 2015 line feels a little thin.... however this has caught my eye! Next to Wolverine, Deadpool has grown to be one of my favourite anti-heroes of Marvel. Even in statue form, Wade breaks the 4th wall in this beautifully sculpted PVC statue, and with an MRSP of $59.99, it won't break the bank.

Has anyone else thought Zach Morris from Saved by the Bell would make a great Deadpool?



1. Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain by Square Play Arts
One of my favorite toy companies in 2014, Play Arts is hitting me hard in the G Spots AGAIN with this beautiful Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain figures. Just like the game, I'm looking forward to up coming release announcements. The already released Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes Snake figure was beautifully crafted. The already announced 2015 releases of Skull Face and Quiet figures pictures left me drooling, I can only imagine what the entire line up will look like. (i.e. rumored Psycho Mantis boy). From the guns, alternative heads and hands, I love all the the accessories Metal Gear Solid figures usually come with, however with an MRSP of $99.99, Phantom Pain is going to hurt!

Skull Face - Release 2015
Snake - Already Released
Quiet - Release 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment